Followers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Up up and away!

For those of you who have seen the blog from last May's trip, you will remember that I had a segment with Bill and Jim. Well, introducing my new Jim! This one is much better than an action figure, even if he doesn't look like one.
Good grief, I look like motorcycle mamma! This was a totally cool, awesome experience. I would highly recommend it to those visiting the island. Start saving Nature Boy, you're going up next time!


W
We're strapped in and already to go. It doesn't take much and you're off the ground. It goes very up. Even before I got my wings on we're looking down at a pod of whales swimming around on the surface. (I'll have to see if I can get the pictures off the CD) We circled around the whales, headed inland, over Wiamea and up the canyon. We flew over the sugar cane fields where they were busy harvesting the sugar, up the Wiamea Canyon, saw the very windy road that we drove up. Flew over the look outs that we stopped at and and the waterfalls. At the end of the canyon we took a left over to the Napali Coast. Talk about beautiful. This is the point that I have to admit, even though it was beautiful I fed the fish, woofed my cookies and the just plain barfed!!!! Now, we are not talking three different word to describe one vent. I threw up over the Napali Coast, in the big crater in the center of the island (I held it in when we were over the Taro Fields...that would have been gross!) and then one last time as we were taking a right to land. You lift up the face mask, move the microphone to the left and barf right. Wow, barfing at 70 mph was a new experience!
Back to the flight. The Napali Coast up close was breathtaking. The cliffs were green, the rolling waves were fantastic colors. We went all the way up to Ke'e Beach, down to Tunnels, past the beach where they filmed South Pacific, into Hanalei. Over Princeville and the took a right and went up the canyon to the wettest area in the world. The Taro fields were wet and there were lots of waterfalls in the canyon. We headed out to the Tunnel of Trees, Pi'ipu on the left, turned right over Spouting Horn with Port Allen ahead. We flew higher than the birds. It's pretty darned cool to look down and see birds gliding around. There was a whale having a great time flapping his tail on the ocean. One last barf and I was back on the ground.
That was spectacular, I'd definitely do it again.





No comments: