Followers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Glass Beach

This is Glass beach. You may ask, whose runnning shoe is this? Well, I don't know. The next picture shows me looking among the rocks for the little pieces of glass that make up this beach. They are all "beach glass" so they are very smooth. The beach is in an industrial part of Port Allen and is covered in this beach glass. Apparently there was a lot more of it but the tourists, me included, take some home with them each visit so there's getting less and less. Back to the running shoe. Sometime during my exploring the beach I dropped my cell phone. I went back and forth on the black lava rocks looking for my phone while Toyke stood on the sand calling the phone. He kept calling and hanging up because some guy kept answering it so he figured he had "dialed" the wrong number. Finally he asked the guy, is this your phone? Nope, where are you, things like that and my phone was retrieved. So, sometime during my phone's stay with it's foster owner he took a picture of his foot!

We've seen a lot of Monk Seals on this trip and there was one at Glass Beach also. Toyke took these pictures of it heading into the water. I was looking for bits of glass so didn't get to see the movement. They usually just lay there, sleeping.


















No comments: