Followers

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wiathehell didn't we take the motorboat!

Naa! It was the Wailua River Kayak Tour and it was fun! This is Toyke and RJ unloading the kayaks. There were 10 of us plus the guide and it was well worth it. We've seen people of the river before but haven't kayaked ourselves.

And here I am, leaning against it...works for me! I found that the hardest part for me was keeping up with Toyke's paddling. Many times I found my paddle hitting the river slower than the kayak was going...It's good to have that upper body strength guy in your kayak.

We paddles for about an hour and then got out and hiked for about the same amount of time. It was densely treed and a good hike. We had to cross the river at waist height once which made it interesting. The end was well worth it though. Secret Falls was a nice refreshing water fall to stop and have lunch at. Of course, we had to hike back then hour and then kayak out. Toyke got a burst of energy at the very end and paddled like a paddling fool, I swear I could have wake boarded...if I just had a board to do it with! It was a great adventure, would highly recommend it.

No comments: