Followers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

First last day...

For what we thought was our last day on the island, we went up north to check out snorkling at the end of the road beach but we stopped on our way up there and found more beautiful beaches. Toyke and I played some coconut tossing games...I know you're not surprised that Toyke won...
We left the camera in the car but we were blown away that we actually got a parking space close to the end of the road beach! Most people were parking at least 1/4 mile away but someone was leaving just as we drove up. I wish we had an underwater camera because the highlight - we were swimming with turtles! We had to swim out over the reef to get to them but it was pretty cool to see them floating around, eating, just hanging out like turtles do!
We also took a cinnamon raisin bagel (I'm sure any bread product would do) and put it in a plastic bag with small holes and took it snorkling with us. It was amazing how the fish swarmed around for little bits of bagel! They actually grabbed the bag out of my hand twice! I gave the bag to Toyke for a bit but he sent it back quite quickly as the fish "were touching him" and he didn't like it at all! It did seem a little paranaish but I knew they weren't flesh eaters, I was okay. Cool colours (sp for my Canadian relatives!) on the fish, white, black, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple and red.

No comments: