Followers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Napali Coast Hike

Karen looks like she might not be totally convinced that this hike is the right thing to do...Mark??? You start out hiking straight up, pretty much right away...

But you get rewarded quickly with a view of Ke'e Beach below you...Karen looks like she's afraid to fall off the cliff...right down to the beach!The waves were really calm today so we saw people snorkeling.

Up the trail again, using the roots as steps...

Me and my honey...oops wrong guy!


What a view of the Napoli Coast...


There we go, I have the right honey now...
What a wonderful hike to share with friends...



more views along the path...for me the downhill parts are a real challenge so I have to remember that all the up have to come back down. I walk really close behind Toyke so when I have to take those steps that make my knee hurt I hold onto his back.

It sure is nice to be able to do it, even if it does hurt.

Toy ke and I went about half way to the beach, that was enough knowing that I would have to go on all the "downs" going back. Mark and Karen kept going and made it all the way to the beach. They have some great pictures of it. It's actually covered in big rocks, no sand.

We went back to Ke'e beach and did some snorkeling, reading and fed corn chips to the chickens...they ate right out of my hand... If I was good at this blogging stuff I would circle the two people that are inbetween the palm trees and say, that's Toyke and I. Pugmires took this picture and Toyke zoomed in on it and yup, it really is us!

No comments: