Followers

Monday, May 16, 2011

People we won't Forget In Honduras

Here Lisette works at keeping Maria entertained. Lisette makes alot of things happen as we visitAnd Heres Maria herself....She has taken over her mothers Sun Glasses....maybe to be the next beauty Queen
Marco the reason we head to Honduras. An opportunity to visit his family...Hopefully there will be more visits in the future. Here Marco is involved with the shopping




Ahh The cook or shall I say part time cook, and full time mother. Meredith trys her hand in making corn tortias....I think








Here is Carla, one of Marcos sisters. She cooked for us one evening. Food was good...but it was the first time EVER that I had fish that had everything there...It was looking at me while I tried to eat it.




And here is the youngest, making his mark in life. Cooper always happy except when hungry or tired....then look out the bear comes out




We can't forget Maria's little friend. Orfetto. Not sure if I spelt his name right. Lives next door to Maria and always has a happy smile on his face




Hmm who's the giant...or should I say who are the two ladies. The one in the pink shirt is Marcos mother. A very kind hearted but shy person. She doesn't have pictures taken of her very often...Last time was when she got married...at least thats what I heard


The other lady is Kristina. She comes and does the laundry and what ever else might need to be done in order to make money. She lives a long way from town and walks in to town every day and then home at the end of the day. I'll guess that it takes at least one hour if not longer ....and she walks fast

This here young man is about 12. He took to Lisette and made sure that she didn't get lost from the rest of us....I think we could say he became her private Body Guard. His name Kevin

That picture of me with Abuala and Kristina above...well I decided I was too tall so I shrank down to their size.




These and many more people that we met while in Honduras made our trip there special. The people are wonderful. They may not have much, but to see them you wouldn't know it. What we have doesn't matter. Maybe its how we use what we have. The people and family we met in Honduras made us feel at home.....except for that guy who followed me around. Every where I went I turned around and there he was.


To the people of Honduras, may blessings come your way



Here be two special people. They open their home to many people...including us. Marcos Father and Mother
We finally got them to sit next to each other for a picture

1 comment:

Ms. Elenbaas said...

Tom and I are enjoying this. You were a giant compared to the Hondurians. Shrinking down was a humble move. :)