Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rooster roosters everywhere...but on a bike?

We went into Safeway tonight to buy some vegetables....yes, we are eating vegetables. After all the shaved ice, fries and burgers, chocolate milk shakes, fish and chips...it's time to eat vegetables. But, that is not what this blog post is about. The Rooster... The bike was leaning up against the wall right in from of the door to Safeway. I was laughing, thinking that a rooster was nesting on the handlebars for the night. He was looking like he had hopped up there and was settling in for the night. When we came out of the store the bike and rooster were gone. I though, poor thing, he'd settled right in now he has to find another spot to roost.



Nope, across the parking lot came the man on his bike with the rooster still sitting on the handle bars! Of course, I had to stop and ask him about it. He said that he caught the rooster when it was young and he took a lot of time taming it and it just took time and respect. I said that as my Aracona roosters grew up they got mean. He questioned my respect for my roosters and said, "Well, have you even tucked them under your arm and taken them to bed with you, pulling up the covers to keep them warm?" Ok, that was it. I'm pretty non-judgemental but that's just plain crazy! Think about it, he is a guy riding around with a rooster so...whatever!

No comments: