Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hanalei Bay, our 1st day by ourselves.

Our first full day by ourselves and we spent it on the beach at Hanalei Bay, I think one of the most beautiful spots on the earth. We arrived around 10 am so got our pick of parking places.




We rented a couple of chairs from the place across the street that rents surf boards etc and got comfortable. My goal for the day was to get rid of the Coon Eyes that my sunglasses were creating. I think I did a good job. We stayed out in the sun for 4 hours. We did put on sunblock today, I used 8 and Toyke went for 4.









I find it interesting to see the different things in different countries that women will hold on their heads...I think this woman has a great idea.












When Glen Homfeld told Toyke that he needed a vacation and knew where he should go he hit the nail on the head. Toyke has been here 9 times now and knows how to relax.















Always something new to discover. This lovely little river that flows into the Hanalei Bay and wanders back along the road to the bridge is our new discovery for the day. It's been right here, we just have always turned onto the beach before getting here. I want to rent a stand up surf board with paddle and give it a go on this river, it would be calm enough to try. It would be nice to rent a kayak also...something planned for our next trip already, wait a minute, we still have 10 days!

No comments: