Followers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Hi Grandpa George

There he is in the picture on top...Rachel...how do I paint???

Once I learn how to insert a picture and then if I can remember how Rachel taught me to "paint" I will insert a picture and put a circle around a man dressed in light coloured (for my Canadian friends) clothes. His name is Grandpa George.
As Justine and I were waiting to get into the Rozengaarde Gardens to see the beautiful tulips there was a family behind us and the kids all called out "Hi Grandpa George" G.G. was already inside and waiting for them by a post. He heard them, took off his hat and waved it at the kids and had a big smile on his face.
He certainly wasn't young and it made me wonder how many more "Hi Grandpa George"s he would hear. It does come to an end...
I love being Nanna. I love my Hayden, Kayla, Lily, Maria, Eden and now little Cooper. I don't know how many more, if any, that there may be and that doesn't matter to me. I love them and I hope that I have many many more years to watch them grow. I'm being selfish but I want more than seeing them get their drivers licenses...I want graduations and weddings and great grandchildren!
I miss my Dad. I miss Wilhelmina. I miss Toni. It does come to an end.
I'm loving every minute.





No comments: