Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

North to Alaska, South to ????

We decided to go south on I-5 this time and we thought we'd go to Bakersfield but we didn't quite make it there...we did make it to somewhere and then turned onto hwy 99 and ended up in Merced CA that night. We went to an Italian restuarant and talking with the waiter (I know that surprises you...us talking with strangers!!!) and he happened to mention that the waterfalls in Yosemite would be great at this time of year so...there you go, we turned left and north.

Yosemite reminded me of British Columbia, beautiful. Lots of trees and water.

We went from about to 100 degrees to about 52! In the center of the park it was pouring rain and I felt for the people who were tenting. I don't think that they are the northwest campers who bring their own blue skies. Putting up the tarp is one of the first things we do.

Coming out of the park we noticed the long down hill...Toyke got a bee in his bonnet and hopped onto his bike and went downhill for about 10 miles. I was trying to drive downhill and there was straight up on one side and straight down on the other! I tried videoing him but it was a little difficult to video and drive at the same time. I think he was going about 50 mph for part of it..it waas pretty exciting.

So, that was our trip south but we didn't quite make it to Bakerfield...

No comments: